POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes. : Re: On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes. Server Time
20 May 2024 04:20:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: On triangle and smooth_triangle shapes.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 12 Nov 2023 22:36:22
Message: <655199b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/12/23 22:09, Bald Eagle wrote:
> I'm guessing that you'll likely have to implement some debugging capability to
> output or make visible the normal vectors.

As always. Thanks for the references! Yes, related.

Yes, your debugging capability for normals. It's been on my todo list
for a while. I plan to implement it as a special pattern so I can return
the perturbed normals in addition to the raw normals.

I've already modified the yuqk aoi pattern to work with the full range
-1 to +1 possible perturbed normals. I should try that now actually on
the black ones... Ah, it didn't offer clue why things go black in the
degenerate case - things are still black.

I'll need to do some debugging I guess.

Bill P.