POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wave type : Re: Wave type Server Time
18 May 2024 06:03:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wave type
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 9 Nov 2023 06:45:35
Message: <654cc65f$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/8/23 16:44, Bald Eagle wrote:
> #declare Onion = function {pigment {onion} color_map {[0 rgb 0] [1 rgb 1]}}

FWIW. A better option, when all you want is a pattern's scalar value for
a function is:

#declare Onion = function {pattern {onion}}

It avoids the conversion to grey - and, of course, no worries about the
default color map.

---
Aside: I saw your other posts on select() and yuqk/v4 ideas, but it'll
be a bit before I can even read through them. I'm still working through
tuple / batch assignment issues. Once I manage that bit,
'local'/'global' pseudo dictionary and 'optional' issues will pop off
the debug stack.

Busy with real life later today too.

Bill P.