POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Wave type : Re: Wave type Server Time
18 May 2024 05:29:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wave type
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 8 Nov 2023 13:30:10
Message: <654bd3b2$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/8/23 10:27, kurtz le pirate wrote:
> The ideal solution (for me) would be :
> pigment {
> 	onion
> 	color_map { ... }
> 	myWaveTypeFn // for the wave
> 	}
>
> myWaveTypeFn same as standard cubic_wave, poly_wave, ...

I confess I'm, unsure what you are trying to do.

The code below works today, FWIW.

Aside: One of the changes yuqk made was so that poly_wave always chains
after the other wave modifiers. Meaning you can use, for example,
'triangle_wave poly_wave 2' and the code runs both modifiers with
poly_wave always being executed last.

Bill P.

     // Sample scene. 'povray onion.pov +w800 +h800 +p +mv3.8'
     global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.0 }
     #declare VarOrthoMult =
         3.0/max(image_width/image_height,image_height/image_width);
     #declare Camera01z = camera {
         orthographic
         location <0,0,-2>
         direction z
         right VarOrthoMult*x*max(1,image_width/image_height)
         up VarOrthoMult*y*max(1,image_height/image_width)
     }
     #declare FnOnion = function { pattern { onion triangle_wave } }
     #declare Fn = function {
         FnOnion(x,y,z) * 6.0 // = 'frequency 6'
     }
     plane { -z 0
         pigment {
             function { Fn(x,y,z) }
             poly_wave 2
             // I'm using the default color map, but you can chain
             // the functions as deep as you want and each chain
             // could be a color channel in a user_defined pigment.
         }
         finish { emission 1 }
     }
     camera { Camera01z }

     // If you want to see linear values in the preview display
     // over gamma corrected ones, add display_gamma=1.0 to the
     // command line.