POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : billboard tint : Re: billboard tint Server Time
19 May 2024 23:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: billboard tint
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 6 Nov 2023 10:26:14
Message: <65490596$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/5/23 02:07, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Yes, that seems a nice workaround indeed. Very strange. I do not
> recollect that it was mentioned at the time; probably not...
>
> Note to self: add a note to Notes... 😉

Probably being redundant, but suppose I'll say, don't take the no
turbulence patch as too much of a general fix.

It may work in Mike's scene; I couldn't pick up a seam during a quick
check with gimp.

However, if we make the fog distance much more shallow or set the color
really large it should be we start to see exactly the scenario Alain
suggested where the space between billboards appears much more clouded
than the clear parts of the billboard do.

Bill P.