POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : billboard tint : Re: billboard tint Server Time
9 May 2024 07:11:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: billboard tint
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Nov 2023 18:57:16
Message: <65457acc$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/3/23 18:25, Mike Miller wrote:
> my scene is enclosed/surrounded with a mapped sphere object. I did try Alain's
> idea....same results. I added depth to the billboards but it renders both front
> and back resulting in a double image. Is there backface culling in POV? ...don't
> see it in the help files. I'll try a clipped plane just to test.

There is interior_texture{}.

I think you could make the normal texture{} completely transparent and
the interior_texture{} your image map. It should be the first
intersection on the billboard uses the exterior texture{} and the second
interior_texture{}.

Aside: By default texture{} gets used for the interior texture of shapes
too - if you only specify a texture{}.

Bill P.