POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I cannot set up Github 2FA! : Re: I cannot set up Github 2FA! Server Time
13 May 2024 16:34:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cannot set up Github 2FA!
From: Thorsten
Date: 8 Oct 2023 12:27:02
Message: <6522d856$1@news.povray.org>
On 08.10.2023 16:31, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> I went with the SMS verification code.
> (I do not trust applications)

You might want to check out how TOTP works. It is almost trivial (and
yet so effective) and can actually run almost anywhere, so you don't
have to depend on those "funny" applications available on phones if you
don't want to. There are several free libraries handling it to compile
even on your desktop.

Oh, and at least on an iPhone, you can actually use the native password
manager to generate the codes, too, however, you always have to go to
the password for the site to get the code displayed, so it isn't the
most convenient. Still. I would be surprised if this wasn't possible on
Android phone with Google native applications as well.

Thorsten