POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 : Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38 Server Time
1 Jun 2024 23:36:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wierd behavior after compiling on Fedora 38
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Oct 2023 23:09:06
Message: <651a3452$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/1/23 15:45, RSM wrote:
> Bill
>
> when i rendered the test.pov image the png file was entirely green.
>
> /usr/local/bin/povray test.pov
>
> another wierd thing that i am noticing with the povray website is that when i
> visit the unix section of the list. and choose my original message it only shows
> two of the messages however when i go to the recent threads page i see all of
> the replies.
>

> i tried pointing to the povray binary directly when i rendered a scene and it
> produced a white image

Hi,

Unsure about the web site issue. I mostly use thunderbird. Going to to
web site forum interface just now (using firefox), I see in the unix
newsgroup 13 totals posts in this thread - which matches what I see via
thunderbird though as a couple branches from your original post. So,
things look OK to me.

Aside: Posts on a topic end up presented as a single sequence on the web
site interface no matter the newsgroup's hierarchy for the topic.

--

That you see green with the sphere scene test is fair confirmation
whatever is happening is related to bounding(a).

POV-Ray ships with two bounding methods (1 & 2). What happens if you
switch to bounding method two using the flag +bm2 ?

Bill P.

(a) - I have not even a guess as to cause...