POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Heightfields of sediment layers : Re: Heightfields of sediment layers Server Time
19 May 2024 23:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfields of sediment layers
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Sep 2023 10:44:43
Message: <6512ee5b@news.povray.org>
Op 25-9-2023 om 16:46 schreef Chris R:
> The image I just posted used hf2iso as well, but my rock faces are not as
> realistic as yours!  I'll be interested in seeing more of your work on this, as
> I'd like to find a good way to do interesting landscapes that don't take 10
> weeks to render...

Yes, your render time is really extreme :-)

Something which can add interesting details to height_fields is using
sub-height_fields as proposed by Christian Froeschlin in... 2009. The
attached scene file shows how this works (I hope).

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'windows-1252' (11 KB) Download 'wm_highmountainvalley_01b.png' (353 KB)

Preview of image 'wm_highmountainvalley_01b.png'
wm_highmountainvalley_01b.png