POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray : Re: Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray Server Time
2 Jun 2024 19:46:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Editing or creating an image or heightfield in POV-Ray
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Sep 2023 09:04:02
Message: <650304c2@news.povray.org>
Op 13-9-2023 om 19:33 schreef ingo:
> An other option, if you want to shape an island, in the insert menu/special
> shapes/meshmaker.inc/p_cylinder_crackle2 shows how to do displacement of mesh
> vertices. This in principle works for all things one can make with the mesh
> macros. You could extrude the island shape and then deform the mesh or build the
> island shape with multiple splines.

I correctly remembered I had played some with meshmaker. I used in the
example included, a granite pattern, heavily scaled up in the horizontal
directions. Not a sedimentary pattern but I see where to go from here.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ij_displacementmapping_meshmaker_test.png' (134 KB)

Preview of image 'ij_displacementmapping_meshmaker_test.png'
ij_displacementmapping_meshmaker_test.png