POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Macintosh - how to install? : Re: New to Macintosh - how to install? Server Time
18 May 2024 09:51:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Macintosh - how to install?
From: Alessio R Sangalli
Date: 11 Sep 2023 17:58:29
Message: <64ff8d85$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/9/23 12:04 AM, kurtz le pirate wrote:

> ... not quite.
> What you have installed is the "standard" GUI version.
>
> For command line, you have to use another version named "Command line
> POV-Ray 3.7.0 final" that you can find here:
> <http://megapov.inetart.net/povrayunofficial_mac/finalpov.html>

Hmmm unfortunately that seems to be an "INTEL" version only, and the
machine I am using is - ARM. It still works though, and it does not seem
to be slower than the one I downloaded from
https://povrayunofficial.wordpress.com

What a mystery. At least with the version from
http://megapov.inetart.net I do not have to fumble with the zip files,
copy one inside another, it just works out of the box.

Thank you