POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Macintosh - how to install? : Re: New to Macintosh - how to install? Server Time
18 May 2024 14:04:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Macintosh - how to install?
From: Alessio R Sangalli
Date: 8 Sep 2023 12:54:45
Message: <64fb51d5$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/8/23 12:15 AM, kurtz le pirate wrote:

> You can now move these folder anywhere on your disk.
>
> Run "POVRay 3.7.0.x.app" (double-clic), go to "Preferences"
> and adjust "System Include Paths" according to your installation location.

OK I did it, thanks for the instructions, I would have never been able
to figure it out by myself. Under Linux it's so much more... automated
maybe? All these manual steps are pretty confusing to me, may I suggest
the author of this port, whose work I really appreciate, to add some
installation instructions for the next people? So far in my limited
experience with MAC, most applications show an icon to drag in order to
install and that's it.

The next step I wanted to inquire about, I am not sure how to call
pov-ray from the command line. I typically build scenes that use a
Makefile to render sections according to dependencies, and under Linux I
just call the rendering engine that is in the PATH. Do I just have to
add the /Applications/PovRay... to the system PATH?

Thank you