POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.macintosh : New to Macintosh - how to install? : Re: New to Macintosh - how to install? Server Time
18 May 2024 11:07:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New to Macintosh - how to install?
From: kurtz le pirate
Date: 8 Sep 2023 03:15:53
Message: <64faca29$1@news.povray.org>
On 07/09/2023 17:30, Alessio R Sangalli wrote:
> Hello, I am a new APPLE user. I have found, thanks to a link provided in
> this newsgroup, the website https://povrayunofficial.wordpress.com
>
> I have a brand new computer and I wanted to install the POV-ray. I got
> the two zip files, but I have no idea where to unpack them for proper
> installation. I know how to do it in Linux but for MAC I am very hesitant.
>
> Thank you for any clarification you might give me.

Hello,

So I think you downloaded these two files :
- PovRay3.7.0.9-universal app.zip
- PovRay3.7.0.9-universal-Scenes-IncludeFiles-Docs.zip

Double-clic this two zip file give you to folders :
- PovRay3.7.0.9-universal app
- PovRay3.7.0.9-universal-Scenes-IncludeFiles-Docs

Folder "PovRay3.7.0.9-universal app" contains the main
application with a few files to read once.

Folder "PovRay3.7.0.9-universal-Scenes-IncludeFiles-Docs" contains
doc, include, ini, scenes... which you can copy into the application
folder (yes, you can ignore duplicates). All utils files/folders in the
same folder.

You can now move these folder anywhere on your disk.

Run "POVRay 3.7.0.x.app" (double-clic), go to "Preferences"
and adjust "System Include Paths" according to your installation location.

Have fun with POV ;)

--
Kurtz le pirate
Compagnie de la Banquise