POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : MistLand : Re: MistLand Server Time
20 May 2024 03:50:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MistLand
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 31 Aug 2023 07:26:20
Message: <64f078dc$1@news.povray.org>
Op 31-8-2023 om 00:51 schreef Samuel B.:
> Hi,
>
> A landscape sketch. The hills are height fields, and the plants are a single
> mesh made in Blender, duplicated a number of times. The scene was rendered with
> UberPOV using no_cache radiosity and scattering media. Total rendering time in
> POV-Ray was 7 minutes, 31 seconds. Denoising and vignette are care of Blender,
> and the final gamma and contrast were adjusted in IrfanView.
> Excellent, Sam. I very much like the mood of the scene and the plants
are great.

> I'm fairly happy with the plants, but the land objects really need some work...
> I want overhangs and high detail, but not the render times associated with
> isosurfaces... So, I guess the other best option would be sculpted meshes ':/

Indeed. I am also interested in sculpting meshes. Not sure at present
how to go about that: it would need to allow for erosion along natural
sedimentary planes and layers for instance. It is something I have had
the intention of doing for a long time but never got time to get my
hands dirty in earnest till now...

--
Thomas