POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hermle Wall Clock : Re: Hermle Wall Clock - Proof of Concept Server Time
20 May 2024 02:09:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hermle Wall Clock - Proof of Concept
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Aug 2023 08:53:31
Message: <64e9f5cb@news.povray.org>
Op 19-8-2023 om 08:14 schreef Thomas de Groot:
> Hmm, depends. As you converted the 3DS file with Poseray, maybe you can
> use Poseray's 'Groups' commands, first identifying the Pendulum material
> in the 'Materials' section. Poseray has unexpected possibilities indeed ;-)

I just needed to prove to myself that what I suggested was indeed
feasible... ;-)

Everything done within Poveray, in particular:
- subdividing the pendulum weight to get rid of the coarse facets
- properly identifying all the Groups and Materials and renaming them
comprehensibly
- Merging the different Pendulum elements, then slightly rotating and
translating the merged object.
- exporting as OBJ to keep a work-copy of the clock
- exporting to POV-Ray

Nothing fancy in terms of scene building here.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'clock_hermle_test_02.png' (700 KB)

Preview of image 'clock_hermle_test_02.png'
clock_hermle_test_02.png