POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Golden Chinese Dragon : Re: Golden Chinese Dragon Server Time
20 May 2024 06:42:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Golden Chinese Dragon
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Aug 2023 07:36:37
Message: <64de0645$1@news.povray.org>
Op 15-8-2023 om 23:10 schreef Colin Fleming:
> A nice Golden Chinese Dragon converted from OBJ format to POV-Ray with PoseRay
> v3.  I initially had converted the OBJ file with Win3DS2POV by Thomas Baier, but
> it didn't pick up the dragon scale texture.
>
> What I didn't anticipate was the shadow to be this green!  The light source does
> have a hint of green and the ground plane is copper, which you can see in the
> reflection.
>
> A happy mistake!

The golden texture is gorgeous. The ground plane has a couple of
problems imho: It needs a bit of "structure" while its reflectiveness is
so high it makes the dragon almost floating in space instead of reposing
on a solid surface. I would suggest using a discrete micro-normal
combined with a bit less reflectiveness. Maybe an area_light for softer
shadows?

--
Thomas