POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Re: The ghost of a box : Re: The ghost of a box Server Time
15 May 2024 16:44:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The ghost of a box
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 6 Aug 2023 10:56:31
Message: <64cfb49f$1@news.povray.org>
Op 1-8-2023 om 13:33 schreef jr:
> hi,

>> consumers journal for digital matters, and for years they warn about and
>> give help/advice about these things, particularly privacy. They are very
>> positive about FF and TB and somewhat neutral to negative about Chrome.
>> Google and MS are not really their friends were privacy is concerned
>> obviously...
>
> they/you are not wrong, all of the "big names", even the geniuses who use a
> rodent with a single button, require one to "hold one's nose" I'd say.
>
> still, I do pay Google money -- a small amount -- annually, figuring that since
> my data now is actually theirs, they will look after it a little better. ;-)

True. I should correct myself here by stating that they are above all
criticised because of their own use of private data from their users.

Incidentally, there are at this moment three lawsuits from consumers
organisations within the EU: One against Facebook which was fined 1.2
billion Euros In May 2023; one against TikTok, and one against Google.
The last two are still under way.

--
Thomas