POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Pristine Bronze Age sword : Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword Server Time
20 May 2024 02:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pristine Bronze Age sword
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 8 Jul 2023 10:47:47
Message: <64a97713$1@news.povray.org>
Op 7-7-2023 om 02:06 schreef Samuel B.:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I saw that article too, and the idea of finding an ancient sword is inspiring.
> (I've always loved swords, even if I don't like what they're used for.)
>
> I say give it a go! It's too bad there's a lack better pictures of the sword out
> there, but I think the ones available are enough for an approximation. You might
> have some luck using blobs for certain details, such as the handle. (Blobs can
> be pretty fast under certain circumstances.) The blade and tip can be made using
> CSG of cylinders and prisms, but that's just one idea.

Hi Sam,
Good to see you are still with us! The article has been the pretext to
revisit and update a scene I did back in 2009 (I never showed it here
though) about my very personal view on Grendel, the demonic villain in
the Beowulf ("/HWÆT!/"). For the sword I use Silo and a couple of
photographs of Bronze Age blades as templates. I am working on it when I
have the time. I'll be back when done.

--
Thomas