POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Re: Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
7 May 2024 15:16:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Not grokking mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 5 May 2023 02:17:07
Message: <64549f63@news.povray.org>
On 5/2/2023 4:24 AM, jr wrote:
> hi,

>>> True. Unfortunately my code is so hodge-podge I am always reluctant ...
>
> know that feeling :-)  also think though that when one runs into a problem,
> writing some code just to replicate the problem in the simplest scene possible,
> can often provide (new) insight.
>

>>> I've attached the code that's misbehaving.
>>    Oh ffs.
>
> </grin>
>
> thanks.  will follow this thread with interest, as mesh cam is a big puzzle to
> me.
>
> regards, jr.

I found the mistake that is causing the skewed image. I forgot the end
condition on a FOR loop will can the end value of the loop, so I was
calculating one extra pixel per row, which the mesh camera dutifully
pushed to the next row, so my original code was generating more
triangles than needed.

Live and learn.

Well ... live.

Josh