POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Not grokking mesh camera : Not grokking mesh camera Server Time
7 May 2024 20:44:49 EDT (-0400)
  Not grokking mesh camera
From: Josh English
Date: 29 Apr 2023 22:30:48
Message: <644dd2d8$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to understand the mesh camera and picking apart the demo
scenes but I'm just not getting something.

I thought the mesh involved had to have on triangle per pixel, and
that's easy enough. The normal vector of the triangle determines the
direction of the ray for that pixel. Does the position of the mesh also
determine the location of the ray?

A second question: is the first triangle in the mesh the upper left
corner of the image or bottom left corner?

A third question: does the ray start at the first vector in each triangle?

I set up a simple scene with a vertical cylinder, but through the mesh
camera it shows up horizontally. So I'm wondering if the second triangle
in the mesh has to follow the column or the row.

Any help from those of you who are way smarter than me?

Thanks

Uncle Josh