POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : wood_mannequin.png : Re: wood_mannequin.png Server Time
2 May 2024 11:52:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wood_mannequin.png
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 18 Apr 2023 11:35:22
Message: <643eb8ba$1@news.povray.org>
Op 17-4-2023 om 08:41 schreef jr:
> hi,
>
> "Mike Miller" <mil### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
>> Thomas de Groot <tho### [at] degrootorg> wrote:
>> I would love to see it. Inverse kinematics would be the way to go. I've used it
>> in Max - it has an 'end effector' that pushes the links, but required rotation
>> restriction on all the joins. Beyond my programming skills. Share if you find.

I still have the files. The problem - as far as I can judge at this
stage - is that the mannequin needs Moray for posing and moving the
different parts, after which it is exported to a POV-Ray file to be
included in a scene. That was how it worked at the time. Possibly I
would need now to rework such a POV-Ray include into macros to make it
work from there. Not sure, and unfortunately I have little time to
plunge deeper in the matter at present. On hold for now, but who knows...?

<https://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3CXnsA9AB7C841FAFAseed7%40news.povray.org%3E/>

> user 'ingo' did nice stuff on IK (FABRIK algo).

That is very true.
I got however a warning by Malwarebyte about a trojan at the site Ingo
mentioned in the threat (https://chiselapp.com/....) in 2018. Real or
false positive? I did not dare to go further. (I have not yet checked if
I have a copy on my other laptop though).

--
Thomas