POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.programming : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 0883e2b6 : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 0883e2b6 Server Time
17 May 2024 01:50:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. 0883e2b6
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 5 Apr 2023 04:53:05
Message: <642d36f1$1@news.povray.org>
On 4/4/23 09:00, jr wrote:
> my gcc is "elderly", and compilation fails, alas.  excerpt from build:

Yep. I think having a compiler not compliant to c++11 is the only way
you can get that fail. I have in my head the configure program should
kick out a warning if it cannot do certain c++11 things - those might
not include the compile time asserts though.

Aside: All v3.8 releases, technically, require a c++11 compliant
compiler - but there is fuzziness to be had for sure.

There is a configure script flag called: --enable-compile-warn which
turns on a set of warnings (and turns off -w).

You can of course add more -wall -wextra come to mind as ones I run when
just trying to clean up things a little - but I cannot find those notes
at the moment...

Bill P.