POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : What about repeat and offset with image / bump maps? : Re: What about repeat and offset with image / bump maps? Server Time
2 May 2024 11:54:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What about repeat and offset with image / bump maps?
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 3 Mar 2023 05:47:23
Message: <6401d03b$1@news.povray.org>
On 3/3/23 02:02, Kenneth wrote:
>> As we were playing around with image_maps and height_fields, I was
>> reminded there is support for the keywords 'repeat' and 'offset' in the
>> image_map and bump_map code.
>>
> They're still there in v3.8, in the docs at "3.6.2.5.5 Warp"

The warp's repeat, offset and flip are handy, but the repeat and offset
keywords and code in the image_map and bump_map are not related except,
more than a bit, conceptually.

I'll have to play though with negative values with those three in warps
- never tried it. (What does THIS button do!) :-)

Bill P.