POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray V. 1 Documentation? : Re: POV-Ray V. 1 Documentation? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 19:34:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray V. 1 Documentation?
Date: 28 Jan 2002 12:17:16
Message: <621b5u0ncmohmjis57ubt8kp2ggd1qe2n0@4ax.com>
On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 09:54:55 -0700, Dawn McKnight <blu### [at] maccom> wrote:
> > Could you point what source you are using?
>
> I'm using Ville Saari's 'Big E' code for the refit USS Enterprise, as amended (and
> it doesn't seem much amended) by 'J.L.' in '99.  You can find the source if you go
> to p.binary.images, and do a search for 'Enterprise'.  It was posted on 02/23/99.

Thank you. Short way to this is
http://news.povray.org/36d2ac63.0%40news.povray.org

> > Have you tried this source with something like #version 1; at begining of file
> > and parsing with 3.1 or 3.5 beta?
>
> I have not.  As I said in my earlier message, this is an excercise for me in
> looking at code and figuring out what it means, and how to express it in current
> code.  Being able to compile it using back compatability would be nice, but misses
> the point of what I'm trying to do.

I understand your intentions. I was only interested where it is.

Comparing original image posted in pointed message with something what I have
22% of started rendering (under 3.5 beta) it looks very similiar. Point of view
seems different but I'm not sure what it was in posted image. Only change I had
to made was #version 1; in main file and #version temporary switch to include
"colors.inc". Works fine.

ABX