POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I cannot update my GitHub repo : Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo Server Time
6 May 2024 05:24:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cannot update my GitHub repo
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 17 Feb 2022 18:17:22
Message: <620ed782$1@news.povray.org>
On 2022-02-17 14:46 (-4), Dick Balaska wrote:
> On 2/16/2022 9:24 PM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
>
>> Do you mean clone the GitHub repo?
>
> yes. Something like
> git clone https://github.com/CousinRicky/AndroidRobot.git

That worked.  As drastic as that is, at least I have a last resort
fallback when I get stuck.

> I was going to give you the exact line but I couldn't find which
> AndroidRobot was yours among the plethora of search results.

For the record, it's https://github.com/CousinRicky/POV-AndroidRobot

It occurred to me that the reason for the snag /may/ be that I tagged
the repo in GitHub.  I just discovered that tags are not a GitHub
feature, but are part of Git, so tagging it in GitHub probably threw it
out of sync with my local repo.

If that's the case, then I'll need to clone *all* of my repos.  :(