POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral : Re: Spiral Server Time
16 May 2024 05:12:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Feb 2022 02:36:47
Message: <6206120f$1@news.povray.org>
Op 10/02/2022 om 19:31 schreef Kenneth:

>> Not the same, but this reminds me of Kenneth's airbrush technique
>> (2008, iirc). I am unable to find the exact post here.
>> I was thinking this:
>>

> Sorry for not posting here earlier; I was totally absorbed in running camera
> 'normal' experiments.
>
> Hmm, I don't remember posting those images, although they look like the
> experiments you and I did in my long-ago post (the one that Yadgar referenced).
> Perhaps from a different 'Kenneth'? I searched all of the image posts for 2008
> and didn't see another fellow by that name. TWO users named Kenneth??
> Impossible! :-P

Sorry, a little misunderstanding here. The images were by me; the
technique was yours ;-)

Probably what Yadgar mentioned. Must have been around July 2008...

> Anyway...I really like these spiral experiments. I was thinking about the
> earlier suggestion of somehow using the technique to reproduce a full-color
> photo-- perhaps by making separate spirals of the image's 3 separate color
> channels (with the spirals colored red/green/blue), but having different
> spacings or gaps between the spirals so that they sort of 'blend together' in
> the viewer's eye. I haven't thought this through in detail, though. By using
> different spiral 'frequencies? Maybe it's not possible geometrically.

By using eval_pigment perhaps, or a pigment function, to evaluate the
colour, then using the result to change the colour of the individual
cones in the spiral...?

--
Thomas