POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiral : Re: Spiral Server Time
16 May 2024 12:21:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiral
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 6 Feb 2022 12:54:37
Message: <62000b5d$1@news.povray.org>
On 2022-02-06 11:22 (-4), David Buck wrote:
> This makes me wonder if you could get the illusion of a full-color image
> by having three spirals - one red, one green and one blue - that are
> separate but which spiral out together.

I'm sure it's possible, although it would need some sort of value
inversion somewhere.  A naive application would have, say, redder
(lighter) areas with a thicker (darker) line.  One quick, if somewhat
goth, fix would be to just have a black background.

> On 2022-02-03 2:04 p.m., Cousin Ricky wrote:
>>
>> Another, plus color channel renders.  And my hair appears to be thinning.

P.S. I believe this is our first direct communication, so let me take
this opportunity to thank you for DKBTrace and POV-Ray.