POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Passing macro as parameter : Passing macro as parameter Server Time
30 Apr 2024 11:26:50 EDT (-0400)
  Passing macro as parameter
From: Alessio Sangalli
Date: 13 Dec 2021 13:36:49
Message: <61b792c1$1@news.povray.org>
I am working on my own little animation framework for astronomy related
scenes.

I would like the ability to pass a macro name to another macro that will:

1) do some animation-related setup and housekeeping
2) call the macro passed as parameter
3) do some more animation-related setup and housekeeping

Unfortunately I have not found a way to pass a macro name as parameter
and be able to call it. Is this use case really beyond the capabilities
of the language, or I just have to find the right syntax?

Thank you