POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Geometric dome : Re: Geometric dome Server Time
1 May 2024 20:14:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Geometric dome
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Dec 2021 02:33:21
Message: <61af0e41@news.povray.org>
Op 06/12/2021 om 10:56 schreef Kenneth:
> Yes, that worked! "Patience is a virtue", ha.
>
> The odd thing is that Firefox's little 'file loading' indicator reports almost
> instantly that the file *has* completely loaded-- but the screen stays white for
> a couple of minutes until the 360-image appears. That's an *extremely* long time
> for Firefox to be processing or assembling(?) the visual result...if that is
> what is  happening...especially in my super-fast Win 10 machine. Very strange!

Just guessing, but maybe it is not the machine which delays the visual
result, but simply the download/communication speed of your modem. In
this country (NL), you buy the upload/download speed package that you
think you may need, from the provider (faster = more money).
Additionally, the medium through which the info travels (here it is
mostly cable; before it was dsl; and now we are gradually switching to
fibreglass country-wide). Probably identical on your side of the
'sundering seas'...

--
Thomas