POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Is my life easier yet? : Re: Is my life easier yet? Server Time
3 May 2024 05:24:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is my life easier yet?
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 5 Oct 2021 21:56:08
Message: <615d0238$1@news.povray.org>
On 2021-10-02 8:10 PM (-4), Cousin Ricky wrote:

> When I connect to a new Wi-Fi, KDE opens up a wallet and asks for my
> credentials.  On my old system, all I did was supply a password, but now
> it's asking me to create a new one.  The last time I had to do this was
> in 2013; best I figure is some hidden data from my old system didn't get
> copied over.  But I don't remember what I did 8 years ago.
>
> It asks me to choose between classic, blowfish (whatever that is) and
> GPG (whatever that is), for better protection.  I choose GPG, and am
> immediately told that my system has no keys suitable for encryption, and
> to please set up at least one encryption key.  I search the Web for how
> to set up a GPG encryption key, and end up thoroughly confused.  I
> remember, years ago, trying to learn PGP, and I never understood that
> either.

A month of this computer harassing me to set up a GPG encryption key,
and I find out that GPG is not installed!  (This would explain why I
could make no sense of the instructions I found online.)  Why is an OS
asking me to use software that isn't installed?

Not only am I on the verge of a hostile divorce from Windows (this dual
boot thing isn't working out), but I'm seriously considering ditching
openSUSE and buying a computer with Linux Mint pre-installed.