POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Mysterious function argument : Re: Mysterious function argument Server Time
4 May 2024 05:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mysterious function argument
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 30 Sep 2021 13:46:26
Message: <6155f7f2$1@news.povray.org>
On 9/30/21 1:27 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> AFAIK, if you use all of those identifiers in a function, they will all return
> zero until you assign them a value by passing a value into the function call
> using that variable name.

Excepting 't'. In the function body use of 't' where it is otherwise not
defined results in:

File 'wham.inc' line 19:
Parse Error:
Expected 'operand', 't' found instead
Fatal error in parser: Cannot parse input.
Render failed

Aside: I've been playing with other stuff most of the day, but
we have too that function { pattern {} } mode where you don't - cannot -
specify an argument list for the function. In that case I expect all the
values are whatever was passed to 'pattern' for x|u,y|v,z. Should verify
u and v set to x and y I guess, but expect that the case.

Bill P.