POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Box division : Re: Box division Server Time
27 Apr 2024 10:50:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Box division
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 26 Sep 2021 03:05:45
Message: <61501bc9@news.povray.org>
Op 26/09/2021 om 00:32 schreef Samuel B.:
>> Op 25/09/2021 om 03:42 schreef Samuel B.:
>> The cheese did help! :-)
>
> It always does :D (Except when it comes to losing weight. But they did tell to
> do everything in our power to Fatten the Curve... I mean, that's what they said,
> right? ;P)
>
>>> Speaking of Jove, he probably does help us rest a bit more easily, with his
>>> propensity of tugging away at cosmic threats and whatnot :)
>>>
>> Oh, certainly! After he almost helped us to kingdom come in the early
>> days of the solar system (there was an very interesting series about the
>> planets on the BBC, presented by Brian Cox, where that was explained).
>
> What? You're saying Jupiter almost prevented our existence? Maybe I should look
> into that series...

According to latest understandings of the evolution of the Solar System,
Jupiter messed up the inner solar system by migrating inwards when it
was out of enough 'food', only to be checked by Saturn. Earth and Mars
(and asteroids) are what they are now because of this. Unchecked,
Jupiter would probably have mopped up all the inner planets and become a
'hot' Jupiter. This is the series:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p07922lr/the-planets

--
Thomas