POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.pov4.discussion.general : Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch). : Re: Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch). Server Time
26 Apr 2024 09:48:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ideas. Playing with f_hash inbuilt function. (povr branch).
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 14 Aug 2021 09:12:01
Message: <6117c121$1@news.povray.org>
On 8/14/21 8:51 AM, William F Pokorny wrote:
> Cells is great, but I've had on my list to add a more general inbuilt
> f_hash function to the povr branch. You can more or less duplicate the
> current cells functionality with it, but the idea is to enable much more.

This second image shows a simpler f_hash of x; combined with a seven
entry color_map and two warps.

Herein also playing with ideas for another run at a f_spiral()
replacement function - given the existing one has some awkward 'quirks.'

Start with an increasing rotation moving toward the center. About a two
thirds of the way into the rotation, blending in an increasing
displacement directly toward the center. This gradually turns turns the
rotation into a more traditional spiral. Thought is to do something
similar for a 'f_spiral()' replacement. We'll see.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'f_hash_story2.jpg' (417 KB)