POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Override textures/materials? : Re: Override textures/materials? Server Time
8 May 2024 05:54:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Override textures/materials?
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 27 Jun 2021 14:35:05
Message: <60d8c4d9$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/19/2021 8:52 PM, clipka wrote:
> Am 19.06.2021 um 21:38 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>
>> Would it work better if depth maps were an engine feature versus a
>> bunch of tricks/hacks with pigments or fog?
>
> No. It would just be simpler to set up (no tampering with textures,
> pigments, fog and/or interiors) while at the same time potentially less
> flexible.
>
> (As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken older versions of POV-Ray
> provided such a feature. At the very least MegaPOV did.)
>

> The caveats I mentioned aren't necessarily problems, just things to be
> mindful of, that might require modifications to the process if they
> should happen to not exactly be what you need.

Sorry, I don't mean would it "work better". I mean would it "be better",
as in "easier" or "more convenient".

But I no longer am interested in this topic since I will likely not be
making any additional 3D photos in the near future. My use case has its
own separate issues and is not worth pursuing further.

Mike