POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 : Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0 Server Time
30 Apr 2024 15:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: An updated povr tarball for Unix/Linux. b0bcf6c0
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 13 May 2021 16:20:30
Message: <609d8a0e@news.povray.org>
On 5/13/21 11:43 AM, Mr wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
> You seem to solve so many issues in that linux only branch, is there a chance
> that some of those fix propagate to master or do they already?

They don't get into v3.8 master today as it is not being updated for a
couple years. Where I believe fixes could be adopted more or less
directly by the v3.8 master branch, I make a point to publish them on
this news server or sometimes on github.

If mainstream work resumes, I have some hope the investigative
information on issues will be of help, if not always my code changes.

> Sorry if this is
> not what you were referring to at all, but some unjustified overhead to the use
> of separated pov macro files was mentioned numerous times by Clipka and
> supposedly solved in his branch, just in case.

I believe the v3.8 master branch, as it sits, has all Christoph's
completed macro performance enhancements. So my branch, hgpovray38 and
qtpovray have them too being based on that code - unless I've missed
something.

Bill P.