POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically : Re: Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically Server Time
2 May 2024 19:12:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need a script to randomly scatter objects vertically
From: Mike Horvath
Date: 11 May 2021 17:16:34
Message: <609af432$1@news.povray.org>
I finally got around to this. Thanks!

I don't quite understand the code yet. A few questions:

1. How do I make it so that the probability is lower depending on the
    slope of the terrain? This should vary depending on the type of
    object. For instance, the sphere might not like a high slope. The
    spike might not care very much.
2. The spikes seem to point in the direction of the normal. Can I
    disable this? I want them to always be vertical.
3. Is there a way to round the y coordinate to the nearest 8 units and
    the x and z coordinates to the nearest 10 units? I am working with
    virtual LEGO and the precision is very coarse.

Thanks again!

Michael

(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/message/%3C432414bf%40news.povray.org%3E/#%3C432414bf%40news.povray

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/thread/%3Cdg0ifb%242oi%241%40chho.imagico.de%3E/