POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Granites Intermezzo : Granites Intermezzo Server Time
27 Apr 2024 18:47:08 EDT (-0400)
  Granites Intermezzo
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 25 Apr 2021 11:38:56
Message: <60858d10@news.povray.org>
For your judgment.

A comparison of different versions of Dakota Red (aka Mahogany) granites:

-The first row are the original textures, rendered with Ive's code;
-the second row are my "original"(*) textures with 'rgb' replaced simply
by 'srgb';
- the third row are my "original"(*) textures with 'rgb' converted to
'srgb';

At the right, a few Real World Dakota Red photographs from the net.

(*) I noticed that the colour_maps from the original code by Daniel
Mecklenburg Jr in 1996 are of the form < 0.09, 0.03, 0.06 >, while my
own originals are of the form < 0.086, 0.027, 0.059 >. So it seems that
in between 1996 and an unknown (earlier? later?) date, another version
was posted in the POV-Ray universe...

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message