POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc Server Time
27 Apr 2024 04:27:43 EDT (-0400)
  Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Apr 2021 08:06:13
Message: <6072e635@news.povray.org>
granites.inc from 1996 is not officially part of the POV-Ray set of
include files but I believe it should be part of a larger collection of
essential include files developed over the years by the users community.

The original code, which I have been able to trace back to 1996, I have
upgraded to version 3.7+ standards. The result is made available in
p.b.s-f. The collection set contains:

1. the original granites.inc file (comments included);
2. the upgraded granites21.inc file which provides three versions for
each granite type (comments included);
3. example scene files for each granite type;
4. a set of rendered images of each granite type. Two of those are shown
here.

Comments welcome of course.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'napfro0.jpg' (73 KB) Download 'nappol0-1.jpg' (74 KB)

Preview of image 'napfro0.jpg'
napfro0.jpg

Preview of image 'nappol0-1.jpg'
nappol0-1.jpg