POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Server failure : Re: Server failure Server Time
15 May 2024 21:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Server failure
From: Chris Cason
Date: 29 Mar 2021 21:45:49
Message: <606282cd@news.povray.org>
On 22/03/2021 01:28, Bald Eagle wrote:
> material, and maybe mull over a mechanism by which the core POV-Ray
> material (source, binaries, documentation) could have backups hosted on
> one or more other sites.

FWIW I am considering using cloudflare to optimize access to the site.
Apart from better response overall they also have the ability to keep
parts of a site online when the origin server (i.e. us) drops out via
their "Always Online" feature
(https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200168436).

Their free account would probably work OK but there's more functionality
available to us on pro or upwards. They do offer free pro accounts to
eligible open-source projects so I've applied for this (it's not clear
if we're eligible, but time will tell).

If not then I can still do stuff with the free tier, I'll have to get it
set up and see.

-- Chris