POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files - a few remarks : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files - a few remarks Server Time
29 Apr 2024 03:51:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files - a few remarks
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 7 Mar 2021 11:46:03
Message: <6045034b$1@news.povray.org>
Op 7-3-2021 om 17:32 schreef Robert McGregor:
>> I am slowly working towards an understanding about what needs to be
>> done. The skies.inc was primary exploration for me; I have now examined
>> more closely some texture issues.
>
> I like Clipka's version best. I know Christoph has championed gamma 1.0 but I'm
> really a novice with the whole gamma issue (which I've seen debated endlessly
> here over the years).
>
> That said, I just read this blog post about gamma, which I found very
> enlightening and thought it might be helpful to others here:
>
> https://blog.johnnovak.net/2016/09/21/what-every-coder-should-know-about-gamma/

I agree, in particular because it is closest to the "original", although
we have no idea how the textures looked under version 2.2.

The whole switch idea gives a broader choice of textures to the user.
After all, somebody may prefer a different aspect. And he/she can always
start tinkering too.

--
Thomas