POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state Server Time
27 Apr 2024 09:52:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 11 Feb 2021 05:18:52
Message: <6025048c$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/11/21 2:40 AM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> Second state of the scene, this time rendered with stochastic aa. Took
> about 16 hours on an i5 laptop (for what it's worth). The quality is
> slightly better, especially where small twigs are concerned. I probably
> could use even better settings but I do not want to wait much longer for
> a render as other things are pressing.
>
> Following Bill's comment about Sam Benge's Luminous Bloom, I dusted the
> facility off, adapted it to latest pov version (gamma and emission) and
> tweaked the settings until I got this somewhat painterly output. I like
> it but am not going to experiment much further at present.

Attaching an image of three image to image compares.

Top row your initial post to the one with stochastic aa. The middle row
your _2 post to the luminous bloom result. Bottom row your original post
compared to my first posted bloom filter image (the most blurry one).

Obvious the luminous bloom filter is acting differently than my AA based
bloom filter. Sam's being more luminous (true to its name) and less
blurry. Just now took a quick look at my local copy of his (version 7b).
I'd forgotten his has different modes of bloom (7 of them) plus ability
to cutomize many aspects! His filter is simply much more developed and
flexible with a somewhat different primary aim.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'quiet_lane_compares.jpg' (238 KB)

Preview of image 'quiet_lane_compares.jpg'
quiet_lane_compares.jpg