POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Quiet Lane : Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state Server Time
28 Apr 2024 00:35:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Quiet Lane - 2nd state
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 11 Feb 2021 02:40:27
Message: <6024df6b@news.povray.org>
Second state of the scene, this time rendered with stochastic aa. Took
about 16 hours on an i5 laptop (for what it's worth). The quality is
slightly better, especially where small twigs are concerned. I probably
could use even better settings but I do not want to wait much longer for
a render as other things are pressing.

Following Bill's comment about Sam Benge's Luminous Bloom, I dusted the
facility off, adapted it to latest pov version (gamma and emission) and
tweaked the settings until I got this somewhat painterly output. I like
it but am not going to experiment much further at present.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'a quiet lane_final_2.jpg' (374 KB) Download 'a quiet lane_final_2_bloom.jpg' (302 KB)

Preview of image 'a quiet lane_final_2.jpg'
a quiet lane_final_2.jpg

Preview of image 'a quiet lane_final_2_bloom.jpg'
a quiet lane_final_2_bloom.jpg