POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Consultants - a good thing? Discuss : Re: Consultants - a good thing? Discuss Server Time
7 Sep 2024 11:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Consultants - a good thing? Discuss
From: Stephen
Date: 17 May 2008 16:27:35
Message: <5rfu24pulup7rr9uk4kpa5arptf0dim2vs@4ax.com>
On Sat, 17 May 2008 20:37:42 +0200, "Gail Shaw"
<initialsurname@sentech sa dot com> wrote:

>I really like this extract. Could not have said it better....

If you had you could have been a consultant :)
I agree with both of your posts and I've worked for Accenture, IBM,
Origin and SAP as an external (read contractor). Some of their
consultants are good but most are just expensive with enormous chare
out rates. Me I'm a functional consultant, I try to create a system
that users can use but most of the time I write documentation that
ticks boxes for the project managers. But then I started on the shop
floor and am not very good at BS :)
--

Regards
     Stephen