POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray 3D Sound System : Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System Server Time
2 Aug 2024 14:19:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 3D Sound System
From: povray
Date: 18 Sep 2004 23:13:20
Message: <5r5nk0hnckih8m5m037g6vouuvooh17gej@4ax.com>
On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 15:18:28 +0200, "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom>
wrote:

>I've been working on a system to make it possible to easily composite 3D
>sound for POV-Ray animations. By 3D sound I mean sound which is in stereo
>and which also automatically gets louder when the source of the sound gets
>closer to the camera. Dobbler effect is also implemented.

Fascinating concept.  Good luck with it.
Have you considered simply having povray
render a text file in csound syntax?
csound is a public domain cross-platform
audio rendering package.  It's pov-ray for
sound.  No need to code any java.  :D

I havn't tried this beacause I can't figure
csound out.  I do remember that csound will
read in external .wav files so careful use
of variable delays, panning, and volume
(amplitude) envelopes/modulation should
be enough to move sound-sources in 3-space.