POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : support for povray.poser forum? : Re: support for povray.poser forum? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 16:26:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: support for povray.poser forum?
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 16 Jan 2004 14:22:05
Message: <5ppld1-q1p.ln1@triton.imagico.de>
Tim Nikias v2.0 wrote:

> I'd say, why not make a more common group for external tools? Poser would be
> one, but PoseRay, Spatch and several other programms are tools a fellow
> Pover might use as well, and making a general group for external tools
> sounds like a better idea to me than to have a certain group for a single
> external programm. OTOH, I don't know if a new, more general group wouldn't
> be flooded with questions regarding all kinds of kinky little tools...
> [...]

I think a common group for all 3rd party tools would be a good idea
(povray.tools or povray.utilities).   This way it would be easier to
adapt to tools becoming more popular and others less.

Having a quick look at the postings in p.general, p.newusers and
p.advanced-users there would be at least 5% of the postings suitable for
such a new group.

A rule to add a prefix like [poser] to the subject of new threads would
make it possible to set preferences in the newsreader.

Christoph

Last updated 11 Jan. 2004 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______