POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : creating tiles : Re: creating tiles Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:21:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creating tiles
From: Günther Dietrich
Date: 18 Jun 2006 05:25:12
Message: <5k537e.knf.ln@520042650687.t-online.de>
In article <web.4495063d838dec754278bffc0@news.povray.org>,
 "tommy thompson" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>Please I want to create some ceramic tiles for a swimming pool.
>I would like to create one with a bevelled edge and then I
>think I can figure out how to repeat the pattern, Whats the
>best method for creating a smooth bevelled edge.
>thanks

I had positive Experience with the hyperellipsoid, e.g.:

#include "colors.inc"

camera
{
    location <-10,75,-100>
    look_at <0,0,0>
}

light_source
{
    <300,600,-100>
    color rgb <1,1,1>
}

plane
{
    y,-15
    pigment
    {
        Silver
    }
}

superellipsoid
{
    <0.1, 0.25>
    texture
    {
        pigment
        {
            color NeonPink
        }
    }
    rotate 90*x
    scale <20, 1, 20>
}

For the real thing, you have to adapt the scaling and - caertainly - the
finish.

Best regards,