POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : name for no interpolation : name for no interpolation Server Time
5 Jul 2024 14:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  name for no interpolation
From: ABX
Date: 10 Sep 2002 09:43:48
Message: <5gtrnu4hdr0h52c3kh4s5e3e0om32eqs46@4ax.com>
Any idea for nice name for interpolation without interpolation ?
In my rewrtitten sphere_sweep module I have added additional types for
interpolations. One of them is something like "no interpolation" - it makes
set of spheres without connections - then in fact it works for spheres just
like mesh for triangles - have own internal bounding hierarchy, shares data
between instances and reserves memory only for center, radius and pointer to
texture. My problem is that I don't know how to call this kind of
interpolation. I don't like the
  no_interpolation
  interpolation off
  spline off
and have no language experience to choose anything better than
  no_spline
So any help with this language problem? Note it should look readable when more
than one interpolation type is specified:
  sphere_sweep{
    // make rounded cylinder ...
    linear_spline
    sphere{x 1 pigment{rgb 1}
    sphere{y 0.1 pigment{red 0.1}}
    // ... and one additional separated sphere
    no_spline
    sphere{z 0.2 texture{My_Favourite}}
  }

ABX