POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Mining operations in a new future world : Re: Mining operations in a new future world Server Time
2 May 2024 08:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mining operations in a new future world
From: Hj  Malthaner
Date: 2 Jan 2021 13:59:47
Message: <5ff0c2a3@news.povray.org>
On 7/18/19 4:06 PM, Sven Littkowski wrote:
> The ship designs show similarities to those 1960s spaceships from the
> Perry Rhodan universe.

Perry Rhoday was likely my first contact with science fiction and very
certainly defined my views on how science fiction should be. So, even
that I didn't intend any references in this scene, it seems the
influence is still there :)

> But indeed, off-world mining is indeed a very interesting topic. For
> some time to come, mining equipment will still look similar to the one
> you depicted in your artwork, and what we have today.

That's good to hear that I didn't stretch imagination too much here.

> I believe, the fusion
> technology can be used for energy production, but with changed
> parameters also for creation of resources.

Since we were talking about the Perry Rhodan universe already, I can
confirm that fusion was used there as a means to produce all heavier
elements from hydrogen and helium. Not one of the cheap or easy means,
but some of the techno-crazy installations had such converters.

--
Some of my PovRay works:
https://www.deviantart.com/antarasol/gallery/42758766/3D