POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Playing in povr with shaped noise. : Playing in povr with shaped noise. Server Time
8 May 2024 17:53:47 EDT (-0400)
  Playing in povr with shaped noise.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 12 Nov 2020 13:49:53
Message: <5fad83d1$1@news.povray.org>
With povr, in addition to quilted, I've taken dents back to a normal
perturbation only pattern.

What was the dents scalar value for maps pattern in POV-Ray was noise
cubed. I've kept the pattern, but renamed it noise_cubed.

I've also renamed the previously created povr f_dents() inbuilt function
to f_noise_cubed(). In looking at the inbuilt function again, I got to
playing around with alternative noise shaping methods.

One of these is used for the raised bits on an isosurface plain in the
attached image. The updated quilted normal perturbation pattern is
applied on top on the shape.

Bill P.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'povrquiltedandshapednoise.jpg' (227 KB)

Preview of image 'povrquiltedandshapednoise.jpg'
povrquiltedandshapednoise.jpg