POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter. : Re: Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter. Server Time
4 May 2024 01:38:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Nov 2020 12:41:25
Message: <5f9ef345$1@news.povray.org>
On 11/1/20 9:36 AM, Cousin Ricky wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>>
>> Aside 1: Method 1 is R^2 samples max so +r20 it's only 400 samples -
>> which is much less than method 2's max of 66049.
>
> But method 2 is adaptive, whereas method 1 is not.

Mostly true. :-)

I think of method 1 as one step adaptive to max R samples in any given
pixel when running typical AA.

I'm running with a threshold of 0.0. Samples go all the way up/down to
the max, due R, no matter. I'm trying to force a large number of
samples, but just large enough for an effect rather than wildly too
large for that effect.

Bill P.