POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter. : Re: Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter. Server Time
4 May 2024 14:27:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Examples of povr random and un-clamped AA jitter.
From: William F Pokorny
Date: 1 Nov 2020 08:37:19
Message: <5f9eba0f$1@news.povray.org>
On 10/31/20 4:20 PM, Bald Eagle wrote:
> William F Pokorny <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
>
>> Thinking some of increasing the max allowed depth for AA method 1 to
>> perhaps 20. Also of trying again my isosurface cloud renders with jitter
>> values >>1.0....
>
> Why "limit" it?
> Maybe issue a warning message that "jitter values above ## may drastically
> increase render times..."  Your extreme settings sort of look like a Gaussian
> blur effect, which some folks might find very useful for specialized purposes
> (heightfields, etc.)

Storage is what I was thinking on coming up with 20.

I suppose for method 1 and 3 not much reason. Method 2 there is actual
call recursion.

Bill P.

PS. I've wondered whether and actual gaussian/normal jitter distribution
as an option might not be interesting. C++11 offers a set of
distributions and there have long been some internal to POV-Ray. Method
3 uses one of those. Someday, maybe...